- “Players Exodus from the IPL” —The Australian, 27 April 2021
- “Million-dollar Aussies begin mad dash to safety as Indian exodus looms” –– 7newscom.au
- “Australia’s Tye tips IPL exodus from COVID-hit India” – Reuters in The Hindu
Andrew Tye, who was with the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL, flew to Sydney on April 25, citing the “stress of bubble life” and concerns about borders closing in Australia.
- This means that Tye decided to leave on Saturday or Sunday.
- He is from Perth but the minor covid crisis there and the restrictions imposed on incoming flights from abroad may have been the factor that directed Tye to flee to Sydneey
- Tye may not have been selected for the R-Royals playing XI all that often so far …needs cross-checking
- Another ASIDE: Daniel Sams of NSW actually contracted Covid on his way to India way-back in early April…… but if publicized I did not catch that news and it seems to have been glossed over in the Aussie media.