Step One — read Michael Atherton: “It’s the end of the ICC world that we used to sort-of know,” 28 January 2014, http://cricketique.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/its-the-end-of-the-icc-world-that-we-used-to-sort-of-know/
* S. J. Tambiah: “The Galactic Polity: The Structure of Traditional Kingdoms in South East Asia” at http://cricketique.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/its-the-end-of-the-icc-world-that-we-used-to-sort-of-know/ …originally pubd in 1976 in his World Conqueror,World Ruler.
* Paul Wheatley: Pivot of the Four Quareters, … http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/462423/The-Pivot-of-the-Four-Quarters
* the Mandala Concept = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_%28Southeast_Asian_political_model%29
*Michael Roberts: “Mahinda Rajapaksa: Cakravarti Imagery and Populist Processes,” 28 January 2012, http://thuppahis.com/2012/01/28/mahinda-rajapaksa-cakravarti-imagery-and-populist-processes/
* Victor Lieberman: Strange Parallels: Southeast Asia in Global Context, c. 800-1830, Volume 1: Integration on the Mainland, Cambridge University Press, 2003.
* HL Seneviratne: “”Stanley Jeyaraja Tambiah: Anthropologist And Patriot,” at https://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/stanley-jeyaraja-tambiah-anthropologist-and-patriot/