News Item in Daily Mirror, 3 October 2023
Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge won the silver medal in the women’s javelin throw event at the 2023 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China today. This is the first athletics medal for Sri Lanka at the Asian Game in 17 years. India’s Annu Rani won the gold medal in the event while China’s Lyu Huihui won the bronze medal.
PREVIOUS ITEM in WIKIPEDIA
Sri Lanka-Seetawake Kingdom – Part 9 Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge (born 14 October 1987) is a Sri Lankan javelin thrower. She won a silver medal at the 2017 Asian Championships. Lekamge was born in 1987 in the town of Eheliyagoda on Sri Lanka. It was there that she was educated at the Mahinda School. She enlisted as a private in the Sri Lankan army. Lekamge is at present a corporal in the Sri Lanka Army Women’s Corps.
- “Dilhani LEKAMGE”. 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Dilhani Lekamge. IAAF
- Results Archived 28 October 2017 at the Wayback Machine, Odisha 2017, Retrieved 21 July 2017
- Premalal, Susil (9 July 2017). “Nadeesha dazzles, bags first medal”. The Sunday Times. Colombo – via http://www.pressreader.com.
- “Army’s Dilhani Lekamge Wins Silver in Asian Athletics Championship | Sri Lanka Army”. http://www.army.lk. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- “Army Women Athletes Win Gold & Bronze in Bangkok AAC”. Sri Lanka Army. army.lk. Retrieved 15 July 2023.